About Me

My photo
NLPLady,CHt. is a Certified Life Coach, NLP Master Practitioner, NLP Hypnotist, Freelance Writer for Therealstrategy.com. She received her certifications from Bennett-Stellar University, and continued her training at the Association for Research and Enlightenment (ARE). NLP Lady has studied directly under Richard Bandler, the genius creator of the NLP Process. Personal message: "I believe strongly that there is a connection between body, mind and soul. Being deeply spiritual, a connection with the Creator is the first priority in my life."

Monday, September 5, 2011

Give your Website Zing!

I recently received a request from a fellow member of the WM Freelance Writers Connection on LinkedIn. With Michelle’s permission, I would like to share our correspondence with you. I think that this is really important information for everybody to know:


Hi Ellen,


I would be interested to hear your feedback on my website and blog:
http://corporatewritingpro.com
http://corporatewritingpro.com/blog


Your profile indicates that you’re an NLP Practitioner and both of your websites reflect how much education and competence you’ve attained. If there are any communication issues that you would like to see addressed on my website or blog please do let me know. I am currently in the development phase and would welcome your input and suggestions.

Thank you and I look forward to remaining in touch.


Michelle Baker, PhD
The Corporate Writing Pro
Because communication is key!


My reply:


Hi Michelle,


I read one of your articles and I was impressed with it. That is why I sent a request to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.


I took a look at your website and blog, and there are many aspects that I like about them both. There are also some things that would really brighten them up and bring people in. I know that many professionals think their websites should look "professional" and to them that means lack of color, small writing and very few pictures or personalization of any kind. As an NLP Practitioner I believe this to be a mistake.


Add some color and some zing to your sites! Personalize them with pictures and larger, more colorful writing. Make your posts on your blog short and fun. Blogs are supposed to be fun, and a place where you can express yourself casually. I would like for you to take a look at some of my blogs as an example of what I am talking about. Yes, your website should be more sedate than your blog, but it should still be colorful.

It's always good to change things up and keep people guessing what they will see on there next. My websites and blogs all change templates on a regular basis, along with pictures and personalized posts. Remaining static can stunt your website. Here's a list of some of my blogs. Let me know what you think.

http://www.onlinedating-2day.blogspot.com
http://www.nlp-today.blogspot.com
http://www.hypnosis-today.blogspot.com
http://www.writersentiment.blogspot.com


One thing to keep in mind is to speak (and write) with a positive attitude as much as possible. Wine and roses are wonderful, but beer and daisies can be just as good.


D. Ellen Glover, CHt.


Does your website have any zing? People are attracted to colorful backgrounds, pictures that pop out at you and attention-grabbing headlines. A dull sterile background with small black print that never varies will be quickly passed by and unnoticed. Grab their attention with eye-catching and tastefully creative websites and blogs. You have something important to say so shout it out to the world. Capture your audience at their very first visit to your site and keep them coming back.


Your website makes a personal statement to everybody who visits. Show them who you are and what you have to offer in an imaginative and colorful way. Zap them with zing! You’ll be glad you did.

2 comments: